Beef ribs and sauerkraut- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
These slow-cooked beef ribs, glazed with honey or maple syrup, make for a deeply satisfying meal on a cold winter’s night.
- Coat the beef ribs on all sides with the Vegeta and oil. Wrap in tin foil and transfer to a roasting tray. Leave to stand for about 30 minutes, then pop the roasting tray into the oven and slowly bake at 160°C for 2.5 hours.
- Meanwhile, rinse the sauerkraut and add to a pot of boiling water flavoured with the beef stock cube. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Drain the cooking water, add the oil, bay leaf and finely chopped jalapeños to the sauerkraut, season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss well.
- Unwrap the beef ribs and remove the foil. Return to the roasting tray and arrange the sauerkraut on top of the beef ribs.
- Return to the oven, roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, and serve.
Chef's tip: You can brush a little honey or maple syrup over the beef ribs to glaze before roasting.
|Energy||881 kcal / 3.683 kJ|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|