Spicy chicken with squash and vegetables- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Tender, piquant chicken served with a side dish of lentils and spinach with grilled zucchini.
- Toast cumin seeds in a non-stick frying pan to release aroma, let cool and grind using a pestle and mortar.
- Finely chop the red onion, garlic and chilli pepper. Add turmeric, 3 tablespoons olive oil, Podravka Hot Ajvar, pinch of salt and mix well.
- Coat the skinless chicken thighs with the prepared paste. Rub in well and marinate about 20 minutes. During that time, wash, peel and slice the vegetables.
- Bake chicken at 220°C about 30 minutes.
- Peel squash, cut into cubes, salt, and fry in a pan until softened.
- Cook lentils in a little water, and blanch the spinach. Mix together, add salt and dribble in some olive oil.
- Serve chicken with the lentil and spinach side dish, and roasted squash.
Chef's tip: The lentil and spinach side dish can also be served with yogurt, and before serving, you can sprinkle some lemon juice on the chicken.