Mushroom and vegetable patties- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Serve mushroom and vegetable patties with Podravka Ajvar and a large green salad for a dish with crispy freshness.
- Cook cleaned carrot, celery and peas in a little salted water, drain and chop finely.
- Wash mushrooms, slice and fry in some butter with a little salt.
- Add flour to the remaining heated butter and stir. Pour in milk and cook briefly. Let cool slightly, and add in beaten egg, Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Add prepared mushrooms, boiled, mashed potatoes, vegetables and breadcrumbs. Add turmeric, thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Shape patties from the mixture then coat in flour, beaten egg and then breadcrumbs. Fry in heated oil.
- Serve with Podravka Mild Ajvar and a leafy green salad.
Chef's tip: Vegetables may be replaced by any you like.