Salmon skewers- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Alternate cubes of salmon and lime and enjoy a completely new skewer with your favourite Podravka Ajvar Relish.
- Wash the salmon fillets well and dry with paper towels. Cut into pieces about 3 x 5 cm in size, and place in a bowl. Season with Vegeta Twist Fish Seasoning, add olive oil and mix gently. Leave to stand about 30 minutes.
- Slice lemon into thin slices.
- Take 2 skewers and insert them through salmon pieces, with a distance of 1–1.5 cm between the skewers. Next, fold the lemon slice in half and add to the skewers, followed by another piece of salmon. Alternate lemon and salmon for the rest of the skewer, ending with salmon.
- Grill the skewers for about 2 minutes each side on a hot barbeque or in a grill pan. Remove from heat and place in a baking dish, sprinkle with chopped oregano, cover and leave to stand about 2 minutes.
- Serve with Podravka Mild Ajvar and toasted slices of fresh bread.
Chef's tip: Soak wooden skewer sticks in water and leave them to stand about 1 hour before skewering onto fish, to ensure they do not burn during grilling.