Grilled pita bread- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Spread a little Ajvar mixed with olive oil on just-baked pita bread, and serve with fried eggplant.
- Mix flour with instant yeast and salt, gradually adding 200–250 ml warm water and oil, kneading to make a smooth dough. Divide into 8 equal parts, cover with a clean kitchen cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for 20–30 minutes.
- Roll out each piece on a floured board to a thickness of about ½ cm.
- Grill the dough pieces on a moderately hot, greased grill for 2–3 minutes until they are golden and begin to rise off the grill surface. Turn over and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Remove grilled pita bread from the grill, leave to rise in a warm place and cover with a kitchen cloth.
- Slice eggplant or zucchini lengthwise into ½ cm thick slices and grill on a greased barbeque on both sides. Remove, and add salt and pepper.
- Take your warm pita bread and spread Podravka Hot Ajvar mixed with olive oil onto one side. Place grilled eggplant or zucchini on top and serve.
Chef's tip: Grilled eggplant can alternatively be finely chopped up and mixed in with the Podravka Ajvar.