Aromatic lamb machboos- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
There’s a world of flavour going on inside this spiced Middle Eastern dish. And there’s tender slow-cooked lamb too. What more could you want for an indulgent family dinner?
- Add your spices to a dry heated frying pan. Immediately remove from heat, and mix well to release the aromas.
- Add the ginger and garlic to half the spices and add the remaining to the lamb.
- Add 400ml water to the lamb and cook for 1 hour.
- Thinly slice your onion and shallots and fry in butter and olive oil, adding the remaining spices and chopped tomatoes, then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked lamb and drained rice.
- Pour in 700 ml hot water, add Vegeta and lemon juice, and simmer until rice is cooked.
Chef's tip: Rice is easily digestible and does not contain gluten, making it an important part of a gluten-free diet.