Kofta with couscous- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
You can’t beat the taste of hot, mildly spiced kofta fresh off the grill. And with a bed of fluffy coucous and a medley of colourful vegetables, you’ve got yourself a fantastic meal in under an hour.
- Add your onion, parsley, cayenne pepper and Vegeta to the ground beef meat and mix well. Shape about 26 balls.
- Spear onto a skewer and grill for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Vegeta to 500ml water and bring to the boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, then remove from heat and leave for about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and add toasted pine nuts.
- In heated oil, fry your onions and peppers then stir into the couscous.
- Add lemon juice and teaspoon of grated lemon zest, coriander, pepper and stir.
Chef's tip: Couscous may also be used as a rice replacement as it contains fewer calories.