Enticing veggie balls- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Serve veggie balls with Ajvar, for a dish perfectly complemented with a side of blanched greens.
- Cook the potatoes in the skins in boiling water, or bake in oven until soft.
- Pour boiling water over quinoa, cover and let stand about 5 minutes.
- In heated olive oil, fry chopped onions until translucent. Add garlic, chopped parsley and celery leaves. Add smoked paprika and pepper, and sauté until brown. Add olive oil and cinnamon, cook briefly, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Slice cranberries, chop almonds and add to cooled vegetable and spice mixture. Add grated lemon zest.
- Add cooled and skinned potatoes, mashed with a fork. Add quinoa, breadcrumbs, eggs, and salt if needed, and mix together well. Form balls with the mixture – about 20 balls. Bake in an oven for about 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve the baked veggie balls with Podravka Hot Ajvar. Blanched leafy greens will be a perfect accompaniment to this dish.
Chef's tip: Prepared veggie balls can also be deep-fried in hot oil. Preparation time will be shortened, but the caloric value of the dish will increase.