Turkey breast roulade- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Make a rich rolled roast stuffed with mushrooms, cheese, beef bacon and peppers, and serve with homemade polenta to bring smiles to the faces of friends and loved ones gathered around the table.
- Slice turkey to make one large cutlet and pound with a meat tenderizer. Slice zucchini lengthwise into long thin slices. For the filling, add sliced mushrooms, cheese, beef bacon, cubed peppers, parsley, and beaten egg to ground turkey meat, and mix well.
- Place turkey breast on a large board, season with Vegeta and pepper, and lay zucchini slices over meat. Spread prepared filling on one side, over the entire length of the cutlet. Roll up into a roulade and tie with kitchen string.
- Prepare broth by adding 1 tsp Vegeta to 300 ml boiling water, and cooking briefly.
- Place roulade into baking dish and pour about 100 ml broth over meat. Bake for about 50 minutes in oven preheated to 200°C. While baking, occasionally pour in remainder of broth.
- For the sauce, fry chopped beef bacon, chicken sausage, and cornichons and finally, add Podravka Mild Ajvar.
- Slice your baked roulade and serve warm. Serve with polenta (cornmeal).
Chef's tip: When shaping meat into a large cutlet, cut off the excess edges, ground or chop finely and use instead of ground turkey.