Monkfish with spicy tomato sauce- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Soft fish fried to a golden colour, combined with a sweet and spicy tomato sauce, and served with pasta and grated cheese: this is an explosion of great colours and flavours.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion until soft and golden. Stir in the minced garlic and one hot chili pepper sliced into rings, and continue to fry.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar, chopped basil leaves, and one spoonful of Vegeta. Sauté on a low heat for 15-20 minutes, adding a little water to keep it moist.
- While the sauce is cooking, boil water in a large pot and cook the pasta. Drain in a colander and stir, adding a little olive oil.
- Cut the monkfish into nicely sized steaks and fry in a skillet with a little olive oil until golden. Add the fried fish to the sauce and cook for a few moments to allow the flavours to blend.
- Arrange the monkfish and tomato sauce on a bed of cooked fettucine or papardelle pasta, grate a little Parmesan cheese over the top, and serve.
Chef's tip: Squeeze the juice of one lemon on the monkfish steaks before frying to keep the steaks firm and the fish nice and aromatic.
|Energy||351 kcal / 1.467 kJ|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|