Salmon steaks with fine white sauce- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
For a sophisticated meal that's simple to make, you can't beat fresh salmon. This dish melts in the mouth, with a white sauce that balances dill and horseradish for a fine flavour that doesn't overpower the fish.
- Peel the potatoes, drizzle with the vegetable oil and toss. Roast in a moderately hot oven at 200°C/gas mark 6 for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and Vegeta. Brush the mix on the salmon steaks.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cook the salmon, skin side down. Bake for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
- For the sauce, heat a skillet and melt the butter. Add the flour and sugar and stir until blended. Add the milk and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Season with the salt, adding the lemon juice, mustard and horseradish. Simmer for a further two minutes.
- Turn off the heat before adding the chopped dill and cream, then pour over the salmon and potatoes to serve.
Chef's tip: Before popping the salmon in the oven, place an (ovenproof) cup of water inside. The evaporating moisture will stop the salmon from drying.
|Energy||625 kcal / 2.613 kJ|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|