Maltese fish soup- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
Maltese cuisine has a strong Mediterranean influence, drawing particular inspiration from the nearby island of Sicily. This tasty fish soup is a local favourite.
- Clean and debone the fish and cut into smaller pieces if necessary.
- Add the chopped mint, marjoram, lemon juice, and Vegeta. Leave the fish to marinate in this mixture.
- While the fish is marinating, fry the finely chopped onions in hot oil until translucent.
- Add the rice, crushed garlic, chopped tomatoes, about 800 ml of water, salt and pepper, and bring to the boil.
- When the soup begins to bubble, add the fish and marinade.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for about 15 minutes. Do not stir. Instead, occasionally shake the pot. Serve warm.
|Energy||468 kcal / 1.956 kJ|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|