Tuna shepherd’s pie- Recipe by coolinarika.com -
This hearty, filling dish brings a Mediterranean twist to a traditional favourite. Our recipe will make enough for a big group of friends, so bring everyone together and enjoy.
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water.
- Drain the potatoes, then run through a strainer and add the butter, milk, and 150 g of the grated Gouda cheese. Stir well and set aside, covered to keep hot.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan, add the finely chopped onion and fry on a medium-high heat.
- When the onion becomes golden in colour, add the celery stalks cut into slices and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, and Vegeta, and fry gently for 10-15 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the strained beans and tuna, stir gently, and transfer to a greased pan approximately 20-26 cm in diameter.
- Smooth the mixture and add the mashed potato on top.
- Sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese and place in a pre-heated oven at 210°C for 20 minutes or until a golden crust forms.
- Serve hot.
Chef's tip: Use the deepest baking tin you can find, to ensure the succulence and rich flavour of the pie.
|Energy||234 kcal / 978 kJ|
|Per 100 g of product||Source: Podravka d.d.|